Monday, October 5, 2009

Mens Diving- 10 min of fame.

Hello, Jay here....
On Thursday last week on our holiday, we went to attend the China 11th annual National Games, Men's Diving in Jinan's new sports complex, and I was interviewed about my impressions. Here is the spot of the diving off the TV station which aired that same night.



Here I am being interviewed by the TV station.

You can see the birds nest from the Olympics in the background.

We enjoyed the Diving Competition and the atmosphere with all of the Jinan and really all over China, Chinese people. I enjoyed talking to them in my limited Chinese. This is the same Jinan city Vanessa Bergman came to participate in a similar Diving Competition many years ago, but in the old pools. Our English Students and the fans at the water cube, were all so great and so friendly to us.
Here is Dana at the spot where you have to get your temperature taken. They are very serious about the Swine flu and no one gets in with a temperature.

We went out for dumplings afterwords in a Chinese Restaurant named "Dumpling City". Dana loves Dumplings now. Below you can see the intense security measures behind us to enter the stadium.

3 comments:

SBrooks said...

What fun! It looks so large inside!

Dana Wartena Thelin said...

I am doing this under your name. Sorry I am logged into your blog making it cooler.

hey mom and dad, you blog is looking great.
I just learned how to put cool fonts as titles and such, and put a Chinese looking font on yours. It looks so neat. love you guys.
Tiffany

Unknown said...

oh my, it looked like those people were holding guns to your head, but that's funny that they take it so seriusoly