Wednesday, February 8, 2012

This day started so clear and slightly warm that we decided to take that walk across the bridge. We think it might be the same size as the Golden Gate Bridge but it was really a wonderful walk.
When we first came to Wuxi last spring we were watching the building of the entertainment center that was to equal the one in Australia. Since arriving we have watched it turn into this beautiful place, we can hardly wait to go to something there or even see it all lit up at night. Notice the buildings being built, no mater where we go we finding them building these tall apartment buildings.
Once we made it to the other side of the bridge, that some how I didn't take a picture of, we continued our walk along the shore line of the lake.A picture taken from the middle of the bridge.
It was a cold day, but with the sun out it made the walk pleasant. Along the shore line were these wonderful houses, I thought for a little bit I was back in Lake Oswego.


Boats could come off the lake and into the canal and stop at their homes. After our 3 hour walk we headed to one of our favorite Chinese restaurant, "Grandma's" I thought this was really a great dessign in the the restaurant.


Notice Jay taking a picture of me taking a picture. We went for lunch at 2:30 and we were the only ones there.

This is a picture taking from the balcony at Grandmas. I hope to explore the buildings on the other side of the canal. Next post will be about our trip this last weekend to Shanghai.

1 comment:

Eric and Chris said...

I'm impressed, that's quite a walk. Did you walk to Grandma's or take a taxi. I think I always preferred the taxi because they were so roomy. It looks nice and clear -- a great day to be in Wuxi.