Monday, March 30, 2009

Last 3 Months

As we come to the last 3 months of our 1st year in China I thought I would show you one thing that is keeping me busy. Actually, my classes this semester are really great but more work. We are doing PPT and they take more preparation time.

I decided to make my kitchen look a little more interesting. I always thought that Tricia had a great red kitchen, and decided that I would try that color in my kitchen area. You will see above the new sink Jay put in at Christmas. I used red material I had left over from last semesters Freshmen class song and dance routine.
This is my new vegetable and fruit shelf. Doing this is like building a playhouse out in the back yard. I found these chairs that were red. After I got them I figured that I could accent the whole kitchen (all 5 by 8 foot area) in red
We sit on the red stools at our kitchen bar that I made for all our meals. The brown basket with the red on the top covers our gas can for our stove top. I really enjoy being able to do this. It adds some creative juice to my life.
We are doing great. On Friday we are going on a 3 day trip, with two other couples, to the ocean. We are hoping the weather will be warm. Yesterday, the weather decided that we should have a little bit more winter. It has been raining, but they really need it, so I am okay with the weather. We wish we could be home to hear conference, but luckily we can get it on the Internet.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your kitchen is so cute!!!I love the all the red....especially the stools they are so great! I seems like you have make yourself quite the home there..I'm glad.

Tiffany said...

You have done a remarkable job making that Kitchen so stylish. I love it! you are quite the designer.

beverly said...

I love your creativity too, red is the Chinese Favorite color. Cute little kitchen. have fun at the beach but don't get sun burned again Jay.