Sunday, January 17, 2010

People's Square

Well we were in Shanghai we went to the People's Square.
The square

We found all these papers hanging down with Chinese writing, we found they were advertisements for marriage that parents had put up to help their one child get married. on the paper there was things about their schooling, how much money they made, what they owned and drove and so on.


I guess it works because there was a lot of people hanging things up and then writing down what was said on them. Most of them were for people over 30 - 35. This woman knew English and was explaining everything to us.
This one with all the people around the one man was setting up marriage for their children.
Jay and I had a wonderful time and took a ride around Xiamen, it has some of the most beautiful beaches. It really is a lovely city.

1 comment:

SBrooks said...

Crazy! Does it really work? Do they stay married? Wow.... I am grateful I got to have a say with my sweet husband. Love you two!