Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hong Kong Temple Trip

This is Temple patron housing. They are building a wonderful new one that will be ready the first of March, but this is what we were able to stay at. It was really great for a number of reasons. First it was free.
Here is the kitchen in Jays apt.

2nd we got to exercisers. We had to walk about a 1/4 a mile up a hill from the Temple to get to it. Of course that meant when we left we did not come back until we were ready to go to bed at night. This place had no internet so we would go to Festival Walk Mall and look at our internet.
This is my room(Dana). I was able to have my own little room that I shared with another person. I got to sleep on the bottom bunk.

3rd we were able to stay with the most humble special individuals. They had all travel far to get go to the Temple and were so eager to go to the temple every day. They came from Beijing, Outer Mongolia (where the church is really growing), and India. It was a little crowed but very sweet and were very grateful to be able to say there. 4th we were able to go to the Temple every day. We did at least 2 sessions a day plus family and marriage sealings. There are a lot of senior missionary called to come to hong kong to work in the temple. Dad was in the men apt. and I was in the womens.

Here is a picture looking out of Jays apt. group from Mongolia, 519 is my room. I was able to have my own little room that I shared with another person. I got to sleep on the bottom bunk.

With the Mongolian group there were these darling children. two of them were 9 and 11 and they had never seen the ocean so we took them out of lunch with their Mormon tour quide and then we took them to the other side of Hong Kong with the most beautiful beaches/
Our first night at patrons housing there were just 5 of us. Myself and wonderful girl from Beijing and a girl getting married to a young man from SLC. she was from Taiwan and had attended BYU Hawaii and her mother had come to Hong Kong for the marriage. Dad had stayed in the mens apt with the young man and his father and the next day we attended the sealiing and dad was one of the witnesses.
This last picture was Dad and I leaving our patorns housing and heading for the BYU conference. We were really excited about being together again, but so grateful to have had that special expereince with such fine people.

No comments: