Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Life is Great and Definitely Interesting.


Perhaps before you read this, you should read Jay's blog below first. This is Dana adding my feelings.
I feel sad that someone would do this but I am not upset, I just feel bad that some mother has to feel sad about their child. I had to remind Jay that in Utah we have had 5 cars stolen and a few bikes, and that what we lost were just things. Perhaps because of this experiences I will learn to do movies on a PC. Jay hopes I will lock the door better, but this happened not because the doors were unlocked. Luckly our cleaning lady had done a really good job of locking both doors and so we had great prove that someone did break in.
Each of the Chinese people we worked with on this theft have been really great. The police were really nice and because our cleaning lady had just cleaned the apartment that morning they were able to get some good finger prints. She does a wonderful job dusting, which I consider a really horrible job and don't do. Everyone feels so sad and sorry that it happened to us. I of course kept making jokes and wanting to clean up the crime scene. I didn't until we came back from the police station, okay This is the first time in 20 years of the foriegn teachers teaching at this university that this has happened. I think it will be the last. I really am not worried, this is a wonderful save place and I feel lucky that nothing bad happened.
How grateful I am for my own father who taught me to look at the best in all situations. When we had a fire in our home, when I was a teenager, he came walking up the driveway and the first thing he said to my mother was, "I never like the ceiling anyway." So my Mac was starting to make strange sounds and I was worried that it wasn't going to make through the next 4 weeks. Also, they are going to get us a new door and we now get keys to the other door. We will be using that one, it is right across the hall, until we get our new door.
I am really sad about the camera. We had just shot some really good video during the day with my classes, and that was taken along with the camera. I still have a lot of old material. Actually when I was cleaning this morning I found the two other cameas that really are junk. Luckly our pastports and visas were at our Wybans office and so they were safe.
Now Jay will have to share his PC with me and that will probably be the hardest part about this whole experience. Not bad if you ask me. All in all, I look at this whole experience as another adventure to see how we will reack to a difficult situation. As always, Dana

2 comments:

The Jason Thelin Family said...

I think I liked Dad's 'String 'em Up!' approach better...

-Jason

Tiffany said...

Mom, you really always have been to one to look at life with a positive flare. I love that about you and try to do it as much as I can , but I also have dads side too, after all I came from you both and those people should be taken down!!

Love you mom, thanks for being such a great example.