Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WE GOT ROBBED!

They took our 2 Laptops and 3 Cameras.

Jay lost his 17" Dell laptop computer and Dana lost her 17"Macintosh Laptop computer. They had all of our teaching materials, ppts, video clips, movies, and projects and complete student information on them. Dana also lost her nice and expensive, HD Sony Movie Camera she has been using to make movies of her class activities these past two weeks, plus two little digital Kodak cameras.

So we are pretty disgusted with the whole thing... We are here to help them learn English and to become better people. We have felt very safe here, but it is hard to love them today. We will again in time. We never thought that anyone would do this to us, but here are the photos of what we came home to today in our apartment. We filed a police report and went to the police station to file a theft report, give our mugshots and fingerprints so that they could eliminate ours from the ones they collected in our apartment. Hopefully they will find the bad guys soon and get our equipment back. Or, it already may be in Siberia. I did day that when they find them, that I would like them in jail for a long time in Siberia.


The door was broken and pried open with a tool like a pry bar.

We hae gone to bed without locks on these two doors as they are busted pretty bad. So I have made a booby trap for anyone who tries to enter. They will be sorry this time...
Oh, don't stop by and come in without knocking -- okay?






These were bumbling idiots who did not take the video projector, Dana's external hard drive, our internet hub, power cords, 300 GB USB Drives etc... I think I actually came home while they were in the middle of their heist, and they must have had a lookout, so I feel pretty lucky that they ran with what they could carry fast, before I got to the door. They are luckier though as I would have given them some of my Canadian Hockey Cross Checking and High Sticking! I am a BIG and ANGRY man.
Today really sucks! I am still up and posting this at 1:00 am...way past my normal bedtime...but like my sister Julie in Washington state, I am kind of wired!
Love you all.
Jay & Sleeping Dana.

6 comments:

Jensen Family :) said...

Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! That is terrible! I can not believe that. What a horrible time for you guys, I allways used to say when something really bad would happen in my life... "It's ok, at least we dont have Cancer" haha I really hope they can find the theifs! I feel your pain that is a horrible situation Dad! LOVE YOU TRISH

Tiffany said...

I hate hate hate that people can be so mean and steal other peoples things. It is just horrible. I am so sad for you guys.

Those big Jerks better not mess with you again!!!!

Tiffany said...

So I was thinking that the heist was probably not random or even a stranger, it was probably planned by someone who has been to your house and knew what there was to steal.

You have tons of kids in there for English Corner, and I am guessing it was one of them, and their gang.

Just trying to use my detective skills.

The Jason Thelin Family said...

I am soo sorry those scums invaded your home. I hope the police find them. Im with Tiffany when she says it probably was a student knowing what was there already to steal. Im sorry you are going through this. I will pray that they find everything and those darn thiefs. Maybe you should go to the US Embassy!!

Anonymous said...

This is unbelieveable!! We always felt so safe in China. Dana, love your attitude.
Sharon

beverly said...

That is at terrible thing to happen to such nice people as you guys. I think it was someone who knew what was in your appartment too. Hope they find them and you get your stuff back soon. Love you