Monday, November 3, 2008

Welcome to our China world, please come in to our apartment.
Our apartment is the second window to the right
on the 3rd floor.
It is our kitchen window and we can see
much of what is going on outside from this window.
You can not see the first floor window.
I try to sweep this front area once a week.
This reminds me of old European
style apartments.






You walk up three flights of stairs to get to our apt. door. You will notice it needs to be painted. That is my spring time job. I also plan on making it look like the second picture except maybe Chinese painting.








This is the dinning room. It has b been repainted.
You can see the new color in the next blog.






From the dinning room you go into the kitchen. This is a view of it from the door. Since we are on the third floor we have a really nice view when we are cooking. I bought cutting boards to make more counter space. I will add one in front of the window. It fits under the window area and stays in place really well














From the kitchen we go to the office room with an extra bed and these wonderful chairs that make sitting at our computers wonderful. We then go into the front room. I went on photo shop and made the office room look light so you could see it from the front room.









We now leave the front room and move towards a room
that was once a kitchen. Then it was a place to dry
clothes and now it is being used for a storage / fix up
room. I need to put something on the windows.
That will happen this month.





Next to that room is the shower room. It is quite large. It is the one room that has hot water. Yesterday I decided to do the dishes while taking a shower to save time. The floor was slippery and I slipped and flew across the room like on a slide. I don't feel like I was hurt, but I am a little sore in places
I wasn't the day before.








The next room is the toliet area or the WC or some Chinese name that I don't ever remember. We have two bathrooms but the other one doesn't work so we simply use for our mops and cleaning supplies. We have a western toliet and that has become very important to me.

Next we can walk right into our bedroom and it is the last room to be painted. We now have a wonderful bed with two foams on top of the mattress. They don't have fitted sheets here, but I have learned that
we do fine without them. The Beachley left this wonderful green fleece cover and we brought our own dawn blanket so I feel
like we are at home. We sleep really well and since we like cold bedrooms we really do enjoy going to bed at night. There was this great mirror in the room, but it wasn't attached to the wall and I knew that with my rearranging it was going to get broken. So when the man came with a drill
to put in the blinds I had him attach the mirror to the wall.It is about 5 inches to low, but what to you do.

This last picture is of our balcony.
We have one off our bedroom
and one off the office. Jay fixed up the one
off our bedroom to dry clothes. I have learned
to love to have my clothes hung out and
they really dry fast. When we first
got here we hung the laundry in the extra room,
but they took so long to dry. Even in cold
weather they dry faster outside.


So now you have seen the place we now
call home. We really like it and have
discovered that we don't need a big
kitchen or a lot of things to be happy.

5 comments:

Elwin and Shirley Davis said...

Nice write up about your apartment.

Suzanne said...

Great tour of your digs! It's always nice to be able to picture where someone is. What are the temperatures like there right now?

Frank and Julie said...

Thanks for the virtual tour. It is almost like being there with you!

Unknown said...

Mom, I must be my mothers son, cause I would be sweeping that alley way and painting the halls of my apartment complex too... You've made it look really nice and I'm very impressed with you! You guy's look great too! Looking happy and healthy!

I love you, JD

Tiffany said...

I loved the tour, it felt like I was really there. It sounds like you are really making it your own and are very comfortable. The differences are what make living in another country so interesting and fun.