Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fun in China

Hi Dana here, Yesterday we went to visit another BYU couple and we took the back road and were not able to get into their apartment area because it was a gated community. The locals told us that there was a place we could try to go through at the end of the gate.
Here are the picture of Jay going through.



I made it through but Jay was so interested in if I could make it and if he needed to help me that he did not take a picture of me accomplishing the task. I actually did it quite well. I went through backwards. Here I am looking through the gate.

Here we are in front if the sign celebrating the National Holiday that wend from 8 days to 1 day because of the flu, also there is a beautiful Catholic church in the back ground, it is really big.



Here is a man who is using a machine to make popped rice.


Here is Jay with the RS president, Lugene West


Here is our church twig (that is smaller than a branch) at the Hanlin hotel on the 7th floor

The next picture is Jays counselor is on left with his wife. Also Mac and Marilyn Nelson on the right who are our neighbors who are really nice. Next are Paula and Richard Watkins, they are really musical.

I watched Dad teach his class last night and he is so good and fun and they all love him so much. This experience sure does give us purpose.

2 comments:

Marianne Thelin said...

Hi Dana & Jay,
I haven't looked at the China Blog for a long time! So great what you are doing there! I also looked at the blog post about your family reunion, fun to see the pictures of everyone, what a great time! We sure enjoyed it there when we went a few years ago! Take care and keep posting the life and times in China! :)

Anonymous said...

Everybody looks so good. Wish I could have been with you while you got your new lashes! I desperately need a facial!!
Sharon