Monday, September 14, 2009

We are back in China

Hi it is Dana, we are back in China and It really is great to be back. We have a great twig for church. Dad was made the twigs group leader. Twigs is what our our church group is called.

When we got home we found everything like we left it, but they finished off our deck. It use to be dirty and dirt flew through the open deck slats. While we were gone they tiled it over the slats and now we have a deck that looks really nice.

Here is what the deck used to look like. Just the slats to the outside world.



Here is the deck tiled, so now it is enclosed and very nice.


My red kitchen was just as I left it. I was going to buy red salt and pepper shakers and red measuring cups, but never made it to the kitchen store. It was "thank your teacher day" today and one of my students from last year brought me by some flowers for the occasion. They are on the dinning room table.



Here is our living room

I teach classes Tuesday 8-10, 2-4. Wed. 8-10, 2-4, Thursday 8-10 and 2-4. I have 5 Freshmen classes and 1 graduate class (doctors). We both have off Fri. Sat. Sun. Which will give us a chance to do a little more traveling.

One of my really great student is getting married on the 24th in Qingdao. It is on the coast, we have been their twice and really love it,. We will leave on the after noon of the 23 and then spend the whole day at the wedding. It will interesting, because they are Christians and we really haven't been involved with Chinese that are strong believers in Christ. This young mans is such a great person.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe I didn't get to see you when you were home....oh well maybe next time. Have a great time. I will be reading :)

The Hojnackes said...

Is it called a Twig because it is smaller than a Branch?

Frank and Julie said...

Can't believe you guys are already back in China. Sounds like you are off to a great start with you classes and all. Let us know about the wedding. That should be interesting to hear about!
Love you and miss you!
Frank and Julie