Friday, January 23, 2009

"ADHD MONKEY" BUSINESS IN CHINA

HYPERACTIVE MONKEY: One our way back to the Norinco Hotel in Shenzhen, China tonight, the day before Chinese New Year, we passed this little show monkey on the sidewalk doing tricks, basic back flips and serious begging from passersby. He was so cute, I stopped to take his photo. I thought perhaps he would do a back flip for me. People were throwing little pieces of food to him and he would do a flip for them. He seemed just fine, he was safely on a leash and controlled by his handler I thought... After this video clip, I gave him a dollar bill for being so outgoing, giving me an interesting video without injuring me and for just being an extrovert. I decided that he had latent tendencies of needing attention. He actually leaned well toward, well, he simply was an ADHD, Hyperactive, Little Monkey. Remembering raising 8 kids, it seems like I have called some of them that same name a long time ago...







2 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh the monkeys are so cute. I want one. I feel bad for them though, and wish they were in the jungle with their families living a normal monkey life.

Sarah said...

He has a sweet little face, but it looks like he might have a devil inside. It is sad to see him on that chain though.