Monday, January 5, 2009

OH MY BUDDA!

BIG BUDDA: 1000 BUDDA MOUNTAIN IN JINAN, CHINA.

WHAT A BIG SCULPURE!

We walked up the hill toward the 1000 BUDDA MOUNTAIN. We were able to get up close.
kites were flying there and it was amazing to see them fly. They do not have those kinds of kites in America...





You can offer food to Budda and money too.




He is sitting on the mountain like one of the Temples overlooking the valley below. He was an impressive big fellow who laughs a lot.





We were freezing cold that day.


Saw this meat advertized and thought I might try some someday...They might have meant Stewed Meat Meal???



I want one of these....3 seater bikes.
The two budda, the man and the woman gravens.

6 comments:

Jensen Family :) said...

Wow Mom and Dad that Budda is to huge! What a neat thing to be able to visit! That is so fun Stupid Meat! Those three seater bikes remind me of the tandom bikes you used to make for us when we were kids, do you have any pictures of them? I remember the purple one was so cool! Miss you guys! Tiff was telling me we all can talk to you on skype now, I need to set it up on my computer, I wish Tiffany lived closer to me! ttfn ( that means ta ta for now! :) Trish

Suzanne said...

LOL! "Stupid meat meal." Maybe that's code for "McDonald's."

Sarah said...

I don't think that Budda needs any food.......He's HUGE! Wow incredible.

Marianne Thelin said...

Fun to see the pictures, I agree with Tricia...that Budha doesn't need to eat! Stay warm & safe:)

Anonymous said...

Love the huge Budda, That was funny the stupid meat,aye? Looks as cold as Canada was for us in Dec. Keep warm there. Love you

Tiffany said...

Some one needs to teach those Chinese how to write English... Wait, oh yeah. Get on that would ya.