Saturday, January 24, 2009

TRAM TO BUDDA

WE SET OUR SITES ON TAKING
THE HIGH TRAM
TO SEE THE MONESTARY
AND BIG BUDDA.

Today is Sunday, and because the Shenzhen branch is 2 1/2 hours from our hotel and we would have to pay 250 RMP to get there, we are going to stay home and have our own little meeting and work on our blog entries . So there should be at least 3 maybe four blogs added yesterday and today.

This was our second day on our own, roaming the land as Gypsies in China. The first day we met the Evans's in the lobby of the Hong Kong hotel and spent the day with them and part of the day with Hellen. On the next two days, we were able to have the company of Janet DeMond. Her husband Jerry was quite sick and we loved having her along on our vigorous adventures. On this day it was off to visis the Big Budda on the mountain top. This was another amazing day. To get to the Big Budda, you had a choice between a bus or a tram ride. We didn't know about the bus but the tram was the best choice. It looked ominous.



Now I am not real fond of heights but this ride was wonderful. We got to travel over three high mountains to get to our final destination.



We also learned that we could hike up the to the Big Budda and we saw a few people doing it.




I have decided that I look quite good as a noble Chinese clown.




We still had a hike ahead of us. It was 150 steps. I am proud to say I basically hiked up it quickly only stopping to catch my breath after every 30 steps. I was the first to the top of this hill. I am trying to prove that even a fat gypsie lady can do it.





At this point I decided that I needed to do something about my hair and that was get a hat to cover it up. I really should wear my wig. I bought a new pink hat.


This was also the day I realized that my face was really starting to look old. In two days, I would try something new to help that. But this was one great trip. Each night we have found ourselves saying wasn't this truly another amazing day.
Sincerely,
Dana

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You were the first up? Congrats mom you should get an award for hiking those steps.

Frank and Julie said...

Dana, I don't think you look old. Anybody that can hike up to see Buddah is young in my book!