Thursday, October 9, 2008

THIRD WEEK IN CHINA -- by DANA


Some one told me that west campus was originally built by the Germans when they occupied China in the early 1900's. The buildings remind me of Europe - of course I have never been to Europe. But I think that West Shandong University campus is what I think some place in Europe would look like
They don't mow the lawns very often.
I really wondered about it. Then this morning I notice that there were these little flowers growing on the four leaf clovers. I didn't know they had these wonderful pink flowers that grew with them. Because they hadn't mowed them they were able to bloom.





The campus is a gated community it is really peaceful. There are cars but not very many and most everyone walks or rides bikes.





This is the road I walk on to get to my classes everyday. These three older ladies are out every day talking and laughing. I try to say "ni hao" to them every morning. That is "hi."




Our apartment is the 2nd window on the right above the roof. It is on the 3rd floor but you can't see the first floor windows




This is the front room. We just added new cushions to the furniture. We also added new pillows.The next room I am going to paint is the one through the door. I was going to start tonight, but when I mixed the paints one of the cans turned the paint into this weird gloppy mess. So I guess I have to gets some more paint tomorrow.

This is the garbage man that comes by every day with his cart to pick up the garbage that everyone brings out. We lay it in front of the brick fence. He really keeps the roads cleared and looking good.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You have only been gone three weeks? It seems like so much longer. Everything is so interesting. Sure love ya!

SBrooks said...

Looks like you are living the life there! I love the photos - keep posting more! Any screamin electronic deals you have found there?