Sunday, December 21, 2008

FRESHMEN PUNISHMENT: WALL PAINTING
















ATTENTION DOCTORS -- USE YOUR CELL PHONE IN CLASS--GO TO TIME OUT-- PAINTING DANA'S STAIRWELL WALLS.



Last week in class, after warning my
students that if they were caught using cell phones in class (Freshmen) I would take away their cell phones and they would have to come over to my house and paint to get them back. Well, two of my favorite students did that and so on Saturday they came over to paint my stairwell hall. They are both Dr. or medical majors and so they brought their Dr. labcoat shirts and painted my Apartment stairwell. It was so Cold and I felt a little bad. But they were so excited to do it, they had never painted in their life. They did a good job and had a lot of fun doing it and laughing about it. Their other class mates were coming over for a leadership class and so they wanted to keep painting until they came.

We had to teach English classes on Christmas day and I gave a final exam in the afternoon. It really was a party. They have all learned the song RT&B from the Provo PHASE program that I directed, and I am going to have all my Freshmen class come (120 students) to a Campus Club House auditorium and finish up all the actions and then they are going to perform it there and I will videotape it and then post some of their performance on my blog. It is my effort to remember that past and to have a little bit of a Provo SPECTACULAR.

I have come to love Papaya. I used to not like it because it smelt like throwup to me, but now I add a little orange juice on top of it and now it is my new favorite fruit. It costs me about $1.25 for a big one.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a great punishment and you get help with painting. It sounds like they may have used their cell phones just so they could come and paint. It was more of a reward for them for sure.