Wednesday, December 31, 2008

JINAN ORPHANAGE VISIT

HAPPY NEW YEAR KIDS!


On Friday a group of English Teachers prepared gifts bags and visited the local Jinan Orphange. We had a ball and the kids loved our visit and that we played with them. They love my harmonica and juggling acts. They loved their gift bags which had three dollars in Chinese money attached to each gift.


The got the gifts and opened the candy and cookies and ate them as fast as they could and threw the wrapping paper including the money on the floor. We could see that they have no interest in money or wrapping paper.

One of the English Teachers dressed up like Santa, a thin Santa with a real beard. Some could not believe it was really him and pulled at his beard.

















7 comments:

SBrooks said...

Happy New Year!

Tiffany said...

Oh what a lovely experience. It is so great that you guys got to do that. It is so sad that those little one don't have families. It breaks my heart. I am glad you got to give them some happiness at Christmas.

Jensen Family :) said...

Happy New Year to you too Mom and Dad! Looks like a lot of fun I would loved to have brought my kids to the Orphange to have them realize how blessed they really are! Love you guys! You both look great! HUGS

Jensen Family :) said...

Happy New Year to you too Mom and Dad! Looks like a lot of fun I would loved to have brought my kids to the Orphange to have them realize how blessed they really are! Love you guys! You both look great! HUGS

Sarah said...

I couldn't tell by the screams if they loved the Juggling or if there were terrified of it. Those are some beautiful children though....so sad. I bet you just wanted to bundle them up and take them home. I glad you are doing so well...and happy new year.

Johnny Austin said...

Happy New Year! It's always give, give, give with you two! You set the bar so high I've just decided to let yall do the sumariting from now on... Keep making a diverence all over the world, and I'll just keep griftin all the free blessings! LOL... Thanks for being such great parents, even to all the orphans of china!

JD

Anonymous said...

Happy Chinese New Year Hope you have a fun trip this month. That was great you helped the orphans . Looks like they loved your talents.Love you Beverly