Thursday, December 25, 2008

RT&B PROGRAM FOR DANA'S FRESHMEN CLASS

















It was a good thing they did because it gave me the idea of how my 120 Freshmen students could wear some type of costume for the RT&B song. With the yellow head bands for the boys and the red plaid ones for the girls I was ready for a miniature Spectacular.

It didn't go exactly as I planned. When I got to the Freshmen Club house they told me that we hadn't registered for the place. I decided I am a Foreigner (American). I will just fix everything up and get ready for the performance. Well I did, and the students started showing up and before I knew it, it was over with.

I had one of the BYU English professors scheduled to come as Santa, as he had a great suit and everything, but somehow that wasn't able to happen and so Jay came and played the familiar roll, and the students loved him and they got to perform for him and the evening went well. I had to remind myself that my students would only remember the spirit of the night not how perfect the performance was.

I do have one soon to be famous video clip of me using my loud Director's voice. I didn't want to use the word yelling, but if any of you ever participated in a PHASE Spectacular with me you know what I am talking about.

I really had fun.

Dana










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome mom! Great job, it was hilarious really, it makes me want to come over there and teach some more songs... You guys are doing such great work over there for sure!

Sarah said...

You can tell they are all having a great time. I miss your spectaculars Darling Dana....You did a great job!

Tiffany said...

So funny, what are they singing. It is not RTandB is it? Did you teach them the music mom? It is so cute and it sounds like they are having a super time.